Safety Operator Trainer
East Longmeadow, MA, Full Time
Job Title: Safety Operator Trainer Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for a Safety Operator Trainer to promote, sell and conduct training to teach safe and proper driving and operation of forklifts and other powered industrial equipment to our customers’ operators as well as Maybury associates.
Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for a Safety Operator Trainer to promote, sell and conduct training to teach safe and proper driving and operation of forklifts and other powered industrial equipment to our customers’ operators as well as Maybury associates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and sell forklift operator safety training via prospecting, presentations and following up on leads for new business.
- Prepare and present quotes to current or prospective customers for operator safety training and other safety products and training materials.
- Schedule and conduct train-the-trainer and operator training sessions at customer sites or Maybury facility.
- Maintain training logs including documenting student results; determining student pass or fail status; and issuing Operator Certification to passing students.
- Track Operator Certification statuses and expiration dates; conduct re-certification training for Maybury associates as needed and solicit customers to do same for their operators.
- Maintain inventory of all training supplies and order additional supplies as needed.
- Stay current on new powered equipment models as well as all OSHA and other applicable regulations regarding the operation of powered industrial equipment. Act as a forklift truck Safety Consultant for internal and external customers.
- Assist Maybury Safety Manager with safety related initiatives or functions when requested
- High school diploma and at least 2 years of related experience required. Prior training and sales experience preferred. Knowledge of forklifts and other powered industrial equipment including industry safety standards, practices and regulations a plus.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and internet usage and research.
- Valid driver's license and good driving history is required.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 20 lbs.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.