East Longmeadow, MA, Full Time
Job Post – IT Business Support Specialist Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for an IT Business Support Specialist who will perform a variety of technology related functions to support the business operations of the organization. Under the direction of our Chief Information Officer, you will effectively monitor and maintain software systems, hardware, networks and servers; provide end user support as well as generate reports and perform data analysis.
Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for an IT Business Support Specialist who will perform a variety of technology related functions to support the business operations of the organization. Under the direction of our Chief Information Officer, you will effectively monitor and maintain software systems, hardware, networks and servers; provide end user support as well as generate reports and perform data analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Initiates, updates, tracks and closes trouble tickets; creates and sends network alerts as needed to internal organizations (Customer Care, repair, provisioning, etc.).
- Assists Chief Information Officer in the support of servers and networks, desktop workstations, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Executes effective actions to meet Mean Time to Repair and Network Availability goals and objectives.
- Assists Chief Information Officer in corrective actions to restore and repair network conditions internally and externally.
- Ensures optimum performance and security of all data network elements and systems. Oversees the security and awareness training and education program for end users.
- Demonstrates understanding of complex problem solving techniques dealing with systems engineering and support.
- Monitors and maintains license compliance for all support systems.
- Demonstrates understanding of capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization including the identification of performance related issues.
- Generates a variety of reports as requested by other departments within the organization. Performs data mining and analysis for end users to provide them with the required information to support their business functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop process documentation as well as creates and monitors workflow to ensure optimum use of technology for efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as deemed necessary which may include report writing, form development, report deployment, industrial automation control, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology focused major; certification or equivalent experience.
- Ability to learn new technology and understand how it impacts processes across departments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and multitask.
- Strong attention to detail, perform root cause analysis and problem solve.
- 2+ years of strong experience in a Microsoft Windows & Office desktop environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or higher and Microsoft IIS6 or higher; Windows 2008/2012 and IIS 7.5.
- Active Directory and how it integrates with Linux, Windows and Linux file shares.
- Windows security, group and user policies.
- Windows server 2008 to 2012, workstation support (Windows 7/8/10) and Microsoft Office 2013/2016.
- Anti-virus and spyware software updates/Patches and timely notification of any issues.
- 2+ years of experience with Virtualization Technologies including but not limited to: Vmware Environments (VMWARE ESXI, VMWARE Vcenter, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Vmware View/Horizon Microsoft Hyper-V)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services (SIS, SSRS).
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP), Management Report and/or CRM.
- Tracking software licenses and complying with Microsoft volume licensing.
- Scripting using powershell, shell, perl or VBA to automate tasks.
- Vmware airwatch 8.1/iPad deployment and maintenance.
- Sonic Wall firewalls, Aruba Wireless, Symantec Protection Suite, TCP/IP and Solarwinds.
- Knowledge of basic Accounting principles as well as company accounting controls, processes and systems.