East Longmeadow, MA, Full Time
Job Title – Service Manager Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for a customer focused Service Manager with proven management and leadership experience. In this position, you will manage all day-to-day service department functions to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. You will also direct and manage our team of Service Technicians and the Service Department office staff as well as ensure policies, procedures and schedules are followed and provide support to our Powered Equipment Operations Manager.
Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for a customer focused Service Manager with proven management and leadership experience. In this position, you will manage all day-to-day service department functions to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. You will also direct and manage our team of Service Technicians and the Service Department office staff as well as ensure policies, procedures and schedules are followed and provide support to our Powered Equipment Operations Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
It is expected that the Service Manager spend at least one day per week in the field with Service Technicians and/or customers to perform many of the following duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains direct contact with customers and meets with them onsite as necessary. Handles customer complaints and issues related to service work. Develops an in-depth understanding of each customer’s policies and service contract to insure all internal policies, procedures and systems adhere to customer specifications.
- Dedicates time on a quarterly basis to spend one-on-one with each of our 27 Service Technicians. Coaches, motivates and develops training plans for direct reports to successfully take on additional responsibilities.
- Oversees duties performed by the Service Department office staff including, but not limited to, assignment of new and existing customer accounts to Service Technicians; establishment and balancing of Service Technician territories for repair jobs and PMs; and coordination of the repair and maintenance of MMH motor vehicles, tools and supplies.
- Oversees workflow of the Shop Service Technicians; ensures the ongoing cleanliness and organization of the shop area; and works with the Service Department office staff on assignment and oversight of shop special projects.
- Monitors service related work in progress for quality, efficiency and timeliness to achieve a goal of 5 days or less from call in to invoice. Provides input as needed for service orders and invoices when management review is required.
- Monitors Preventive Maintenance Module to achieve 100% completion of PMs. Conducts at least one random PM audit per Service Technician per year. Conducts additional audits as necessary.
- Reviews and/or approves pricing for planned maintenance contracts, full maintenance contracts as well as warranty and repair jobs.
- Works with PE Operations Manager to prepare Service Department budget. Responsible for monitoring the financial performance of the department which includes controlling costs for write offs, non-bill labor, excessive travel and field expenses, etc.
- Manages and monitors the Emergency Service Program to ensure that all after hour’s service calls are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Associates’ degree and at least five years of related experience. Experience as a technician in the material handling or similar industry preferred.
- Proven management experience in a fast-paced, service based environment and strong leadership skills required.
- Knowledge of Windows and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.) Experience with GP Dynamics a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Valid driver's license and good driving history is required. Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 25 lbs.
- Some air and extended car travel will be required.