Parts Shipping/Receiving & Inventory Control Associate
East Longmeadow, MA, Full Time
Job Title: Parts Shipping/Receiving & Inventory Control Associate Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for a Parts Shipping/Receiving & Inventory Control Associate. In this position, you will ship and receive all parts and supplies and maintain accurate Parts inventory. You will also support our Parts Consignment function by setting up, delivering, monitoring and maintaining parts consignment inventories in a portion of our consignment customer locations.
Maybury Material Handling is growing and looking for a Parts Shipping/Receiving & Inventory Control Associate. In this position, you will ship and receive all parts and supplies and maintain accurate Parts inventory. You will also support our Parts Consignment function by setting up, delivering, monitoring and maintaining parts consignment inventories in a portion of our consignment customer locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately and promptly pulls purchased parts from stock to fill orders, shipments, consignments, van inventories, etc.
- Orders Crown parts, primarily for consignments, in Dynamics, EDI system or other required systems.
- Enters consignment order information in GP Dynamics, EDI system or other required systems.
- Determines method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates. Selects appropriate shipping packaging to ensure safe deliver; weighs, labels and affixes postages.
- Verifies shipment matches packing slip, order, bill of lading or invoice for outgoing parts shipments.
- Maintains inventory of all shipping supplies and works with the Parts Manager on the recommendation and purchase of these items when needed.
- Operates powered material handling equipment to move shipments from the shipping and receiving area to work or storage areas.
- Delivers parts to customer and other MMH locations as needed.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments and verifies information against bill of lading packaging lists; records damages and/or shortages; and notifies Parts Manager of any discrepancies..
- Corresponds with the shippers to rectify damages, shortages or billing issues on shipped parts.
- Verifies all prices and information on incoming shipment paperwork; matches any open company purchase orders and/or related documents to confirm that all information posts properly to the Accounting Department; and reports discrepancies to the Parts Manager.
- Generates a variety of reports as requested by other departments within the organization. Performs data mining and analysis for end users to provide them with the required information to support their business functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop process documentation as well as creates and monitors workflow to ensure optimum use of technology for efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
- Accurately and promptly check-ins and re-stocks all vendor stock orders utilizing the above process.
- Updates database to notify proper Service Department team members as to status of parts order and when requested items are received.
- Helps to maintain a clean, accurate and organized Parts Department.
- Works with Parts Manager on the determination and preparation of materials to be recycled or disposed of in the proper manner.
- Delivers (installs) initial parts consignment order to assigned customers.
- Replenishes parts cabinets for assigned consignment customers based on customer’s inventory report and established Consignment Visit Schedule.
- Monitors assigned consignment parts customers on ongoing basis to determine when replenishment schedule may need to be adjusted
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 months of related experience required.
- Knowledge of Windows and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) Experience with GP Dynamics a plus.
- Valid driver's license and good driving history is required.
- Must be able to frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.